With school in full swing, I thought that it would be fun to do something a little different. for today's blog post lets look at an Apples & Pumpkins Unit Study for Kids using the Apple Punch and the Harvest Hellos stamp set from the 2019 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. This unit study includes 12 ways to use the Harvest Hello Bundle for Art, Math, Science and Language Arts. Watch the video below for a demonstration, then scroll down for a list of 12 Apple & Pumpkin activities for kids.
Apples & Pumpkins Unit Study for Kids
- Stamp and Color Pumpkins & Apples
- Make 3-D Apples & Pumpkins with Apple Builder Punch.
- Stamp and color leaves and stems, then add a 3-dimensional Pumpkin or Apple.
- Name and sort colors.
- On 2-1/4" x 11" card stock measure and score at 1-1/4", 3-3/4", 6-1/4" and 8-3/4".
- Count punched shapes.
- Practice fractions by dividing apple or pumpkin parts into halves, quarters and thirds. An additional idea is to compare fractions. For example, is 2/3 bigger or smaller than 1/2?
- Are apples and pumpkins fruits or vegetables? Stamp pictures to show that both have seeds.
- Study shapes of stems on pumpkins and apples. How are they different? How are they the same? Practice what you learn with art.
- Learn the sounds for P and A. Also, have them practice writing Aa and Pp.
- Spell and read the words Apple and Pumpkin.
- Write about pumpkins and apples.
Read books about apples and pumpkins.
Go to an apple orchard or a pumpkin patch.
Make applesauce, apple dumpling or pumpkin pie.
Carve a pumpkin.
You may want to do this Apples & Pumpkin Unit study with your kids on September 17. It's National Apple Dumpling Day. What a great excuse to make or eat apple dumplings!
Bundle and Save 10%
When you bundle the Apple Builder Punch and the Harvest Hellos stamp set you save 10%. Order yours today. See clickable links below.
Have a fabulous day!